Far Cry With Dinosaurs Needs to Happen. Please?

So I've been playing an inordinate amount of Far Cry 5 largely. Yes, I know, it was released almost two years ago, but I was futilely waiting for it to go on sale. I'm cheap like that. 

It's alright, I guess. 

Ok, I've more than once completely lost track of time while playing it. Despite the numerous irritations the game has (temperamental side quests, occasionally suicidal AI companions, the fact that the whole game is a blatant cash-in on the fact that America as a nation currently hates itself), I find it weirdly compelling and I can't help but enjoy it. 


Best boy ever. 

But as I fly in my attack helicopter blowing boats full of drug-peddling straw-man religious nutters to oblivion, I do think to myself: what does Far Cry really need? 


Dinosaurs. Obviously. 🦖

The reason I say this are numerous:

1. I really like dinosaurs, and most likely a large segment of the open-world-mayhem enthusiasts that like this kind of game do as well. 

2. I badly want to capture an enemy outpost while riding a 99.99% scientifically accurate Tyrannosaurus Rex, just like how you could have a whale of a time riding elephants in Far Cry 4 or mammoths in Far Cry: Primal. 

3. Far Cry as a series has not had any dinosaurs yet as far as I know, unless you count the titular Blood Dragons from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. 

4. Dinosaurs that you can shoot, tame, run away screaming from and otherwise interact with would be friggin' dope in an open world game. 

5. See reason number 2 again. I want very badly to ride a T-rex into battle and her name will be Suzy Snuffles. 


Like what the nice folks over at https://sauriangame.squarespace.com/ are doing, but with guns, explosions and a dedicated 'Eat Bad Guy' button. 

If Mario: Odyssey can have T-rex shenanigans, by gum I believe that Far Cry can as well. 
So please consider it, Ubisoft, the world needs more good dinosaur games and I believe that Far Cry as a series is strong enough, engaging enough, and downright silly enough to pull it off. 

If we can get Jeff Goldblum to voice the bad guy, that would be a fantastic bonus. 

Update: I'm not the first to think of this, obviously. This guy did too! Years ago!
 https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/06/08/why-far-cry-will-give-us-the-best-jurassic-park-game-weve-ever-seen/#5ebc767b37b9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Classes Breakdown And Recreation: Part One - Core Character Stats

Fantasy Classes Breakdown And Recreation: Part Two - Class Categories

Redesigning Elves - An Uber-Nerdy World-Building Exercise